Today’s high-level financial officers must possess an impressive skill set. They must have strategic finance skills in capital planning, mergers and acquisitions, business planning, investor relations, tax, and FP&A, as well as the operational capabilities to grow a business and manage change. Furthermore, they must be able to guarantee the integrity of the organisation’s financial condition and reported results, enhance shareholder value, establish optimal risk management, and keep a sharp eye on costs; all while under scrutiny from the government, board directors and shareholders.
We offer a highly dedicated, personal and bespoke approach and have supported many different types of organisation in their search for excellent Finance Executives including FTSE50/100, FTSE250, AIM-listed, privately owned and PE-backed companies. We have recruited finance positions at group, divisional, regional and operating unit level. As functional specialists we have operated across many different industry sectors, not least because finance executives tend to be versatile and less sector specific.
Job Title : Chief Finance Officer
Our client in this instance was a multi-national professional services firm specialising in a broad portfolio of sectors. The company has an excellent reputation and a track record of working on the most significant of projects, as well as transactions and policy interventions. This is a private equity backed business that is pursuing a strategy designed to deliver growth, resilience and robust profits. The CFO is to play a key cross-company leadership role and support the successful implementation of its group strategy. Other aspects of the role include:
- Member of the main Board and Company Executive, a position reporting to the CEO.
- Companywide promotion and facilitation of high levels of financial performance including collaborative.
- Provision of insightful commercial analysis and completion of business and statutory reporting.
- To motivate, develop and oversee a high performing finance team.
- Maintenance and application of company investment case framework.
- Effective cash and cash flow management.
- Development and initiation of change proposals to enhance the company.
- Control and development of accounting and reporting functions, financial planning and financial systems, financial data integrity and analysis.
- Management of business planning, financial targets and budgets processes and ongoing reporting and monitoring.
- Management of insurance and bank and other key relationships.
- As and when required oversee due diligence activities undertaken by the Company
- Direct Company’s corporate finance activities.
- Implement Company’s tax strategy.
- Management of foreign exchange risk.
- Management and administration of registers, trusts and shares.
- Commercial support to business development and project activities.