Utilities, Energy & Power
Demand for maintaining and improving utilities is on the increase and will be for some time to come, potentially forever. People and businesses need access to ultrafast broadband, better heating and air conditioning, power and a quality supply of water. Loxwood Moore works with companies that deliver utility services whether they are consulting engineers, contractors or operators. Demand will remain relatively steady going forward, and companies are working hard to improve energy efficiency as part of a global commitment to develop green strategies.
Globally, power and utilities companies face a rather complex challenge. From improving environmental performance to maintaining system reliability, they must successfully meet increasing consumer expectations. Consequently, the industry finds itself being pulled to economise, whilst at the same time trying to drive further innovation in the industrialised world. A utilities and energy recruiter must be mindful of these competing priorities and consider whether a candidate is able to think broadly enough to find workable solutions. At Loxwood Moore, we specialise in the following subsectors of this most vital of markets:
- Water, clean and dirty
- Power generation & distribution
- Renewable & clean technology
- Telecommunications & Broadband
- Management consultancy & professional Services
Job Title : Strategy and Sales Director Utilities, leading international consultancy
Based in the UK, our client prioritised the recruitment of a highly connected Business Development Director for their Water and Utilities division. This role is primarily work winning focussed, but also acts as a professional head for the department reporting to the Group CEO. Principal duties include understanding and advising on regulatory issues, bid leadership, divisional strategy and group leadership. This role is also responsible for ensuring robust programme or framework execution through the leadership of others, directly managing a commission and delivering the following key objectives:
- Divisional strategy.
- Challenging other members of the leadership team to ensure business objectives are met.
- Creating new and innovative revenue opportunities.
- Ensuring commercial objectives of the business are continuously met.
- Mitigating and managing risks.
- Ability to understand, communicate and articulate broad/complex drivers; for example business case, scope and deliverables, objectives, value engineering, risk management, technology and platforms.